Introduction and Company Information
The Province of Greater London and The Metropolitan College (herein referred to as 'SRIAlondon') is committed to protecting your personal information. This policy explains when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure. SRIAlondon is an association registered in England & Wales. Our address is 10 Duke Street St. James's, London SW1Y 6BS. We can be contacted by email on email@example.com. If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact Jack Harris on this address.
How we Collect Information
SRIAlondon collects your personal data when you decide to communicate or interact with us in any of the following ways:
- You register to attend a lecture or event hosted by us
- You contact us via email
- You subscribe to our mailing list
- You interact with us via social media
The Types of Information we Collect
We only collect information that’s necessary to carry out our business. The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered. This includes: Information you have supplied in a contact form, or information you have supplied on event submissions, about you and the project.
During a Zoom event you may be recorded. This recording is only made available to ticketed attendees of the event.
Recordings are available to ticket holders for 72 hours after the recording is made available online.
By taking part in the Zoom event you consent to being recorded and to SRIAlondon storing, editing and owning in full the produced material.
Reasons and Uses
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways, for a number of reasons:
Where we need it in order to carry out a ‘contract’ with you.
- We need your personal information to process a sale or order
- To assist with accessing a service you have purchases (eg: assisting you to connect to a workshop or event)
Where we have your consent
- We may contact you about research opportunities, artist opportunities or potential collaborations.
- We send newsletters via email about events, books and specials, to a mailing list that is opt-in.
Where we have justifiable reason (‘legitimate interest’ or ‘legal obligation’)
- We may learn about your interests so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
- Develop our relationship with you as someone who may want to collaborate with us.
- We may share information about you with law enforcement agencies or other organisations or individuals if we are obliged to by law.
Your information and other organisations
- SRIAlondon does not, and will not, share or sell your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share anonymised data with
- Google Analytics, to collect traffic, location and communication data. We will make no attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- Mail Chimp – Mail Chimp gathers statistics around email opening and clicks.
- Third party advertisers (such as Facebook or Google) to help us identify customers similar to our audience or to serve relevant adverts to you on third party websites.
We would like to communicate with you about our work, products and events. We only do this if you give us permission, namely if you take the step to join our mailing list. We won’t add you to our mailing list if you email us, contact us in other ways, place an order, or give feedback. If you have joined the mailing list, you have the right to opt out at any time – if you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes click ‘unsubscribe’ within the e-mail we have sent.
Data Storage, Retention, Access and Erasure
We will keep your information for as long as is required for us to provide you with the service you have requested from us. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner or anonymised. The data we hold about you is in your control. It easy to access, amend or erase your personal details and email preferences personal information that we hold on you by emailing Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SRIAlondon will inform you if the way in which we will use your data changes
- You can request access, rectification or erasure of your data at any time by contacting us via the contact addresses given above
- If you want to stop us processing your data, object to the way we are using it or do not want us to use your data for profiling, you can contact us – details above.
A personal data breach means a breach of security leading to the destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your personal data. If a breach is likely to adversely affect your personal data or privacy we will notify you without unnecessary delay. If this happens you will be provided with, as recommended by the ICO:
- SRIAlondon's name and contact details
- The estimated date of the breach
- A summary of the incident
- the nature and content of the personal data
- the likely effects
- any measures we have taken to address the breach
- how you can mitigate any possible adverse impact